Join us on the last Saturday of every month in 2019 for a hands-on workshop at Mānoa Heritage Center. No refunds 3 days before class begins.
‘Ohe Kapala Workshop with Ka‘iulani de Silva – SOLD OUT!
- Sat May 25, 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
- 1 session $15
- Join kapa maker Ka‘iulani de Silva to learn how to make an ‘ohe kapala (bamboo printing stamp). Starting with an overview of traditional Hawaiian kapa designs, participants will have the opportunity to use ‘ohe kapala (provided by Kumu de Silva) to explore how they are used to create patterns. With carving tools and a blank ‘ohe (provided) participants will then design and carve their own stamp. Participants will leave the workshop with the tools and knowledge to create more ‘ohe kapala in the future.
- Limited to 12 participants. THIS WORKSHOP IS SOLD OUT! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the wait list.
Botanical Lip Balm Workshop with Moani Hibbard
- Sat Jun 29, 9:30am – 12:30 pm
- 1 session $15
- Join Moani Hibbard of Botanica Skincare to experience and explore the power of plants and the benefits they offer. Participants will learn about native Hawaiian plants and their uses in a mini-garden walk and through creating plant-based products. Participants will each make four lip balms to take home; one healing balm, one hydrating balm and two custom lip balms. Come and experiment to create your own personal plant powerhouse lip balms! Keiki are welcome and encouraged to join in. Keiki 10 and under are free and welcome to help adult create lip balms.
- Limited to 18 participants. Register HERE
Save the last Friday of each month for upcoming workshops (registration online will be open one month in advance):
August – Lau hala weaving with Kumu Aloha Kekipi
September – ‘Ūkēkē making Workshop with Hui ‘Ūkēkē A‘o
October – Palm Bark Basket Workshop with Tamsen Fox
November – TBD
December – TBD
This workshop series is made possible with funding provided by Hawai‘i Tourism through the Kūkulu Ola Program.